Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Saturday, June 14, 2014

What an Adventure!

Today was crazy. My family and I got up at around 8:30, which is something unheard of in the Anderson home on a Saturday or any day for that matter, and we drove to Heber to eat breakfast at a favorite diner of ours. The food was delicious as usual and it was fun to get up and go somewhere as a family. On the way back we saw a bunch of people at the Heber airport and some old looking planes, so we stopped by to see what was going on. 




It doesn't look it in this picture, but that is a B25 bomber with a 70 foot wingspan. It was giant. The plane flew 15 missions over Italy in World War II.  We got there just in time to watch it power up it's engines and take off. I can't tell you how incredible it was to watch this behemoth actually leave the ground. After it landed it taxied over by the crowd and the pilot throttled it's engines. They were so loud and powerful that you could feel it in your chest. It was quite a thing to see. We also got to watch a couple of small jets take off, which is pretty cool as well. 

After we got back from Heber we visited my Grandpa Lundquist to give him some raisin filled cookies as an early Father's Day gift. We visited them for awhile and then went to my other grandparents' house to give a gift. We also got to look through their vinyl collection and pick what we wanted to take home for my player. They don't have a phonograph anymore, so we took quite a few.

After grabbing a bite to eat, I'm home and I just got done editing some pictures from my excursion up Rock Canyon. But because this post has already gotten quite lengthy, you'll have to wait for tomorrow for some cool pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment