Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Monday, September 29, 2014

I Wanna Get Better

You might be thinking, Kyle, why hast thou forsaken us? It's true, I pretty much have. But not to worry, friends, I have a plan! Mostly it involves more blog posts more often. I've found something interesting about keeping a blog: you find interesting things to do so that you can go home and blog about it. Because I haven't had much time to do anything, let alone be interesting, for the last month, I haven't blogged much. School is crazy, but I think that I've found my routine and will be able to actually do something with my life. I wanna get better!

The title of today's post is taken from a song by Bleachers. I bought the album on vinyl, and I was so excited when I pulled it out of its sleeve for the first time!


It's transparent!


Cool, right? Now I have a pink record, a clear record, a laser etched record, and a bunch of your traditional black records. I love music.

Speaking of music, we got a piano! It was my dad's grandma's and we were able to take it home!




So far I can only play Passenger Seat by Death Cab for Cutie. I'm planning on taking piano lessons, though, so I can play for reals! And, of course, you can find a piano tutorial for basically any song on YouTube. I plan on spending some time learning some fun. and probably some more Death Cab as well!

We're finally going to go and pick up a kitchen table in a bit. We've been eating at the counter where we have no bar stools, so we're pretty happy to finally get a place to sit down and eat like real people do. More normality, here we come!






2 comments:

  1. It's about time you posted again. Also, I want to steal your bleachers record. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. And I'm feeling a record hostage exchange coming on if you know what I mean. Make me an offer, Mr. Gilbert.

      Delete