Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What Do I Say?

I'm not even going to apologize for neglecting this blog. And I'll tell you why.

That house that I mentioned we were closing on last post? It's now officially our home. I've found out that a home is a lot of work. You know it's a lot of work when you're happy that you have to go to school instead of stay home and work like your parents do. But we have a home now. Not an apartment. A home

Anyway, the house has taken up pretty much all of my family's time. And then there's that school stuff. You know, going to a big crowded building and learning about stuff? There's that, too. But school's not so bad, and a hugely contributing factor to its not-so-badness is that A day B day schedule and university schedule (classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) don't coincide, which means I have a free third period every Tuesday and Thursday. Let's just say that walking to our home every other day and taking a nap while the rest of the world learns stuff is fine by me!

I am actually enjoying school so far. I have a lot of really interesting classes with good people. I think that this year may define my high school experience, that one year that you remember over the others. I've already been exposed to new ways of thinking and new strategies to conquering challenges. I'm optimistic that I will be able to utilize the things that I'm learning and record them to remember later.

That .30-06 I told you about? I'm typing this post on it. Instead of buying the gun I decided to get smart and buy a laptop. I figured if I'm pretending to be a college kid for a couple of classes, I might as well go all out. So I did. I'm loving the computer. Homework is infinitely easier when you can just pull out a computer and do it in the backyard.

Did I mention that we have a backyard? I'm sitting on our patio, listening to the wind rustle through the leaves, the birds chirping on the power lines, and the pleasant sound that my fingers make as they strike the keys on my laptop. Life's not so bad. Not bad at all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment