Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Birthday Boy


My sister and I in front of the peanut butter bars she made. I do love peanut butter bars!

On Monday I celebrated my 17th birthday. I had a lot of fun spending time with my family. I was given a ton of gift cards to all my favorite things. iTunes, Barnes & Noble, f.y.e., and more! I'm excited to get some new records and music, and maybe some cool nerdy puzzles/games from Barnes & Noble!

 A couple of good friends of mine decorated my room with tons of balloons and streamers. And one of them almost gave me a heart attack by jumping out of the linen closet in the hall to my room. I'd post a picture of what my room looked like, but it was really hard to get a good angle. Besides, it's still a bomb from the move and needs a little TLC. 

Yesterday I thought a lot about what turning 17 actually means. And I decided it means that life is sneaking up on me. I thought that I was prepared to get older and enter adulthood. I'm taking college courses, taking high stakes tests, thinking about my future, exploring careers I might want to try, etc. But I realized that I'm not ready. I make the joke with my family that in a year they're going to let me pick the president. Really, though, in a year a ton of responsibility falls on my shoulders. I'll be my own person. People will start to care about things I do. Mistakes I make will stick to me, not my parents. All this happens in one year

Nevertheless, I do love adventures. And becoming an adult is going to be a big one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment