Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The World Is ...

My grandma suffers from Alzheimer's, and I told you about our visit with her and my grandpa in a previous post. While we were driving through downtown Provo, my grandma looked out the window in awe at the buildings and the large amount of people going about their day. She said to me, "You know, Kyle? The world is an amazing place nowadays." I smiled and told her that it was.

Those words have stuck with me since that day a couple of weeks ago. I have tried to look at the world as though it's something I've just discovered. And I've come to realize that my grandmother was right, the world is an amazing place. 

Today, my family and I drove down to Springville to visit my other pair of grandparents. We came to find out that they were on a camping trip, so we drove around our old neighborhood and up Hobble Creek Canyon. It was really fun and nostalgic to drive by the house we lived in not three and a half years ago. The drive up Hobble Creek was beautiful. I thought of my grandmother's quote again, and I was amazed at what I saw outside the windows of our car. The marriage of the power of the car and the peaceful timelessness of the scenery outside was breathtaking. I felt inclined to write about it.


The World Is ...

A tunnel of trees
The power of a motor
The happiness of people
Tranquility and peace

A smiling family
A day in the sun
The kiss of the breeze
The hum of a bird

An adventure in pages
The words of a poet
The singing of song
Time spent together

A cool, cool river
A high-floating cloud
A bend in the road
The wave of a stranger


 If you look at the world you live in, you'll find that it's pretty fantastic. Everybody's world is different, which is what makes life an adventure. What is your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment