Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Monday, April 13, 2015

I Got Nominated!

Awhile back I discovered an interesting site for photographers who are trying to get their photos out in the open and learn a little bit of extra cash. It's called Snapwire. The idea is that you submit photos to various requests and if your photo gets selected, the requester awards you anywhere from a few dollars to hundreds for your photo, depending on the request. It's a great idea, but thousands of photos are uploaded to each request, and the odds of yours being selected are pretty slim. In addition to selecting the winner, the requester can nominate people's photos as well, which awards the nominee points that can be used to access bigger and more professional requests. Snapwire basically turns selling photos into a game.


I submitted the above photo to a request that was looking for something that focused on the color blue. I got nominated! It's the first photo that I've uploaded to get recognized. Because of the nomination, more people have seen my portfolio and have started to like my pictures, sort of like liking something on Facebook. I'm pretty excited, and there's a chance I'll get selected! Probably not going to happen, but hey, I'm hoping!

So now I'm all excited and I've been trying to take more specific pictures for various requests. It would be so cool to make $75 or $100 off of a photo. The best part is, even if your photo is selected you retain all the rights to the picture, only allowing the requester limited licensing rights. I think it's a pretty cool idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment