Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Taking Pictures of "Junk"

A couple of days ago I read a blog post by Daniel Em, which you can read here. In the post he discusses why he takes pictures of "junk", or random stuff that holds no personal significance to him. The points that he makes center around practice and getting more comfortable with a camera, both points that I agree with. 

I, too, take a lot of pictures of "junk". But I don't do it for the practice or for becoming more comfortable with a camera. I do it to point out little pieces of life that we so often gloss over and take for granted.






If I'm honest with myself, I take photos for fun, not to tell a story or to accomplish a creative goal. However, as I go back through old photos that I've taken I'm inspired to take more inspiring and thoughtful images. In my work as a hobby photographer I will start trying to capture more emotion and to develop stories in my images. Hopefully my work will become more emotional and have a greater impact as a result!



No comments:

Post a Comment