Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Out of Commission and Photography

This week has not been the most enjoyable, nor the most exciting week of my life by any stretch of the imagination. Saturday, soon after eating dinner I began to feel sick to my stomach. That night I spent hours in the bathroom vomiting until I could make it to my bedroom, where I had to remain sitting up else I would ... well, you get the idea. No fun. I felt horrible all weekend and the beginning of this week, but I got over it!

Because I've been sick with boredom, I've been doing a lot of research into photography on YouTube and other sites. I've discovered a couple of really well shot and well informed channels that I've taken an interest to. The first is called the Art of Photography. The channel is ran by the presenter, Ted Forbes, who is a brilliant presenter and very knowledgeable of all facets of photography. His channel features photographers, past and present, as well as a series of episodes that address various photography strategies and ideas. 

The other channel I found was actually featured on the Art of Photography. The channel is called simply Ben Horne. Ben's a landscape photographer who shoots landscapes with a large format camera (those super cool wood box/billows camera thingies). His work hits close to home for me, because he photographs Zion National Park annually, as well as other places in Utah, to stunning effect. He backpacks most places, and the videos he makes of his expeditions are works of art in and of themselves. His channel only has about 5,000 subscribers, but I hope that his videos gain the recognition that they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment