Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Monday, May 12, 2014

End of Year and Trimming Pots

The end of any school year is always insane, but this year's last couple of weeks have been crazier than any other. I guess that's to be expected now that I'm in high school. I spent most of today studying for a high-stakes math test and writing a research paper. Fun, eh? Not really.

On the bright side, those pots that I threw about a week ago? I got to trim those today. Trimming is done when the pot is in its leather hard stage; when it's hard enough to handle but soft enough to move a little. Basically you take a knife-type tool and you cut ribbons of excess clay off of your pot to make it look pretty.


Before trimming


After trimming


After some more studying I decided to go on a little run at the local Junior High's track. I just got back, and it is really relaxing to run at 10 o'clock at night. Wish me luck on my test tomorrow!










No comments:

Post a Comment