Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Canceled Plans

My buddy and I were planning on going rock climbing up Rock Canyon today. The weather is beautiful - 68 degrees and sunny - and I have been looking forward to going all day. My friend just got his mission call to Honduras yesterday, though, and he is too exhausted to go. Under normal circumstances I would be really disappointed, but this time I understand.


So, instead of a climbing post I'll show you what I am building in wood shop.




What you see above are the pieces of veneer that will be arranged and glued onto the board they are sitting on to make a Backgammon board. On the reverse side of the board will be another veneered Chess board. The reversible board will be set inside a game table that I made! It looks really good so far. I will post the completed project in a couple of weeks.




So instead of climbing, I mowed some lawns. Good substitute, right? Both of the lawns that I mow are coming along really nicely. Spring makes everything look so beautiful. It's funny to me that there is still snow on Mount Timpanogos even though it's 70 degrees outside.




Also, only four weeks left of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment