Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Poetry

Allow me to preface this post with a warning. I have only dabbled in the world of poetry, but as an admirer of literature I have always been drawn to the beautiful and expressive arrangement of words. That being said, this poem is very much my freshman effort. 


There
By the jagged mountains and wispy clouds
Past the towering forests and clear streams
Lies home

Gone
Like the thundering storms and fleeing roads
As the soaring doves and raging rivers
My home

Lost
Its crackling fire and welcome porch
The familiar smell and panting dog
Was home

Found
In my aching heart and worrying mind
In the sleepless nights and longing daydreams
Is home

There
Over the gentle brook and winding road
Through the curved archway and springing garden
Lies home!


I think that I might swap out some words to create more alliteration throughout, but I think that it's pretty good! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment