Snow Canyon, Utah

Snow Canyon, Utah

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pottery

Another one of my passions is throwing pottery. I was introduced to pottery about 2 years ago and I immediately exhibited a talent for the art. I love the relaxation involved during the throwing process and to be able to take home a useful creation that you've babied since it was a ball of clay. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to throw very much lately because of school and rock climbing, and the expense of throwing pots. But every now and then I get the opportunity to throw at Creativity Art Studio.




I threw a total of 5 pots today, with pictures of a couple of them. It's been a couple of months since the last time I've thrown, so I wasn't able to complete as many as I would have liked. 




My Nexus 5 keeps amazing me. It does this "Auto Awesome" thing where it finds different photos that meet certain criteria and combines them into panoramas, animations, and videos. The one above is of me in the beginning stages of creating the pot pictured above.



I really like the control you have over the form and usefulness of a piece. I have so many pots in my home that we've started to run out of room for them. 




The five bags actually have my pots in them. The bag prevents the pots from drying out too fast and cracking.

If you've never had the chance to give pottery a shot, I highly recommend you find a local studio and take some classes. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment